Ryan and I have been eating “PLANT BASED” for 3 weeks now. We also went dairy free.
I’ll share all that in another post though.
One thing I love more than ANYTHING is mashed potatoes. The kind i used to eat has milk and butter in it, so we had to find an alternative. I am a ‘mashed potatoe’ lover sooo I’m giving my honest opinion this one is SO GOOD.
-3-4 garlic cloves
-Himalayan salt (you can use whatever you want I just use that cause it’s healthier)
-Potatoes (how many ever you want)
- Cut up the potatoes. I leave the skin on but that’s just my personal preference. The smaller you cut them the quicker they cook 🙂
- Throw them in a pan and cover them with water. Throw in a little parsley. Let them cook till they boil.
- While those are cooking…take the garlic cloves (you can leave them the size they are or cut them up in chunks) and put them in a pan with a VERY LITTLE bit of oil. Cook them till they turn a little brown and produce a little oil. Set them aside.
- Once the potatoes are cooked, drain them and put them BACK IN the pan you cooked them in.
- Mash the potatoes.
- Take the garlic cloves + the oil it came with and throw them on top of the mashed potatoes. Mix together.
- Add salt and pepper. MIX together.
Keep adding until you are happy with the taste. That’s it!! Let me know how you like it and if you try it!!